What information does the application obtain and how is it used?
VCare International Limited collects the following information from users of the application
- Device specific reference code to identify the application installation on the device
- Model of the device being used
- Operating system being used on the device
- Installation date
- Device license key provided by the VCare license holder to the device user.
VCare does not directly collect specific user personal information in relation to users using the application. All information in relation to application use is managed by the VCare license holder who is providing the hosting environment for the VCare installation the application is connecting to.
VCare license holders may collect the following application usage information:
- Device type and identification information
- User log in information (which VCare user using the application)
- Activities users are doing with the application
- Camera services
- Phone services
- GPS and beacon location services
User Provided Information
When you download and use the application (VCare Any-ware) the organisation you are connecting to will provide you with a license key, a username and password.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
When you visit the mobile application, we may use GPS, beacon(or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine resident who you are close to in proximity. We will not share your current location with other users.
If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Yes. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org